ABOUT Michael Gootee
Hi, and thank you for taking the time to learn more about me. I consider it an honor and a privilege to work with people as they grow in learning about themselves and their relationships, and deal with the struggles and challenges of their lives. It takes a lot of effort, courage and perseverance to cope and grow with life’s challenges.
I have extensive education, training, and 30 years of counseling experience working with people to be able to provide a productive and rich counseling experience. I have learned a lot from those who have come to me for counseling about helping people to deal with the pain, struggles, challenges and joys of life with hope, and discovering strength through adversity.
I am a native of New Orleans. I have been married for over 35 years. My wife and I have two children, and for several years have been basking in the joy of being grandparents. Prior to my education and career in counseling, I was a chaplain at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Lafayette and before that, I was a high school teacher. If you are at a place in your life where you are seeking help as an individual, or in your relationships, contact me and I will be glad to speak with you about your concerns, and how counseling can help.
Michael Gootee, MA, LPC, LMFT
- BA, Religious Studies, Catholic University, Washington, DC 1977
- MA, Religious Studies/Pastoral Counseling, St. Louis University 1983
- Pastoral Counseling Training and Residency, Care and Counseling Center, St. Louis, MO 1981-1984
- MA, Marriage and Family Therapy, Our Lady of Holy Cross College, NOLA 1991
- American Counseling Association
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapist
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Louisiana Counseling Association
- Louisiana Association of Marriage and Family Therapist